Newsletter: Parable of the Mustard Seed
In Mark 4:30-32, Jesus tells the parable of the mustard seed. “…the smallest seed you plant in the ground. Yet when planted, it grows and becomes the largest of all garden plants, with such big branches that the birds of the air can perch in its shade.”
That parable reminds me of Fruit Bearers. It started with a tug to the heart—a mustard seed—and then (with the care of the Lord), it has grown into a living tree, spreading its fruit-laden branches over many:
- 30 needy children sponsored on a monthly basis
- One 15 month-old boy received life-saving heart surgery
- 8 children with cleft lips and cleft palates received their first surgeries
- A new house was built for a destitute family
- About 30 people have professed faith in Christ and been baptized
- A complete, donated hearing clinic was installed in a local hospital
- 1,500 needy people received food and clothing after a flash flood
- 1,000 families received food and water after a killer earthquake
- 50 to 60 people per week attend regular Bible studies
- A congregation of 25 to 30 people (and growing) meets every Sunday as a church
- Four full-time staff carries the vision of Fruit Bearers into the far flung places of Negros Oriental.
Partnering with you, God made the above possible. Thank you for caring for those, who are so much in need. Your care has made a difference.
However, as you can see the needs are great and continual funding is essential.
However, I have Good News. Recently, a caring giver made a CHALLENGE GRANT for Fruit Bearers’ General Fund. She will write a check for $5,000—-when other friends give a combined total of the same amount.
And the really Great News is——others have already given $3,500 toward the pledge. This means Fruit Bearers only needs $1,500 to have her write a check for $5,000.
Replenishing Fruit Bearers is life giving. It allows our staff of 4 in the Philippines to work full time, seeking those in need—physically and spiritually. It also provides the funds for medical procedures and other projects, not specifically covered by a sponsor.
In other words, it changes lives. Would you be willing to help meet the rest of the Challenge Grant? Just think, your gift in any amount will help us reach a Challenge Grant that will give Fruit Bearers $10,000.
Please give prayerful consideration about giving a gift at this time. Join me in this exciting Adventure with the Lord. His love is so gracious, and we can be a part of it.